Edit Source Code
You can edit the source code to solve problems and perfect ePub.
You can edit these items by clicking Menu/Edit after the epub is made:
- Meta Data Edit the the source code of content.opf, which stores all meta data and file content. User can manually edit or add meta entries.
- TOC Edit the source code of toc.ncx,where user can manually edit or re-arrange TOC items.
- CSS Edit the major style sheet file, so that user can modify the global CSS.
- XHTML files can not be accessed in ePub Maker currently.
After 1.73, ePub Maker allow user to modidy the style template file, so that user can define there own global styles for all books.
The file path is ePubMakerPath\lib\OPS\style.css, user can change the default styles for paragraph and links. This style file will override the styles in Word document. This is only for professional user who knows well about CSS.
- An external text editor must be specified to edit these source codes.
- External editor path can be specified in Advanced tab in ePub Maker.
- These editing function can only be accessed after epub made, and can be only used on current ePub.
After edit, you must re-compile the epub to create modified ePub, and should not "Make ePub" again(or source code will be re-generated and your modification will lost!)
ePub Maker can invoke EpubCheck to validate current or any specified ePub file.
There're two menu items in the Tools menu,
- Validate this Validate current ePub created by ePub Maker, this item is only enabled after a ePub is made or re-compiled.
- Validate other You can specify any epub you want to validate, this function can be used independently.
- EpubCheck result will be recorded in log, you can press Log tab to see the detailed result.
- Java Runtime Environment must be installed correctly.
- EpubCheck must be installed correctly.
- Specify the epubcheck jar path in Advanced tab of ePub Maker.
EpubCheck is a free tool. It's not embedded in ePub Maker. ePub Maker only provide a method for Windows user to invoke EpubCheck and post the checking result without any modification.
The result, no matter apt or confusing, has nothing to do with ePub Maker, user can seek advice from EpubCheck provider or consulting service provider.
Official EpubCheck site is http://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/
ePub Maker can not guarantee the ePub quality if it's manually edited, editing function should be only used by professional users or experts.
Epingsoft can not provide free service on manually edited ePub, such as error checking, explanation, workaround and correction.
Epingsoft can not provide free consulting service on EpubCheck error message with non-ePub Maker produced ePub.