About chapter and HTML splitting
Chapter split in Mobi Maker is not so necessary as in ePub Maker, but splitting chatter still can help you to
- Create TOC page automatically.
- Create sections that user can switch chapter by clicking Arrow key on Kindle instead of go to TOC page.
The same as ePub Maker, you need to insert section breaks in Word so that Mobi Maker can split chapters for you. There're some other things to notice,
- HTML splitting can be away from chapters, such as one chapter into several HTML files, or several chapter in one HTML file, but one chapter to one HTML file is natural and easy to do, so we recommend.
- User may insert page break or other things in Word as chapter splitter. But since Word has section break for chapter splitter and page break may be used as page break inside a chapter, so Mobi Maker simply adopts section break.
Following "chapter" means Mobi chapter, it can be or not be literal chapter of your book.
From A Word Document
Mobi Maker can split Word HTML on section breaks. So inserting section breaks between chapters will make Mobi chapters naturally.
- Insert section break between chapters or where you want.
- Import, each section will be converted into a separate HTML file, thus a Mobi chapter of the book.
- Extract automatically from first heading or type or paste each chapter title in the file list.
If the split function is disabled(in advanced tab) or there's no section break in the Word document, the document will be converted to one big HTML file, so no chapter information then.
Check up "Auto create chapter title" and select "from first heading" if you have set headings in each chapter, (title should be set as the first heading format in MS Word)
From Multi HTML Files
Mobi chapter can be the same as book chapter or not. It depends on whether you put each chapter in a HTML file.
- Mobi chapters are assigned naturally from HTML files.
- Chapter title can be generated automatically from file name or HTML title.
- Chapter title can be edited directly in the file list by clicking the cell.
- By dragging the left bar of the list, you can rearrange the order of the chapters.
- Click a chapter/file name and click preview button, you can view the chapter as webpage.